Thursday, November 21, 2013

P is for Pig


Caleb likes to ride pigs. Don't think I had ever thought of riding a pig before; so this was a pleasant surprise for me. It is great that Ft Collins has a 'City' Farm so the kids can learn about that rural life.  It prevents the kind of ignorance I have heard even from adults about their food sources, etc.

The class has given Caleb many joyful hours with the animals and learning about chores that are needed to keep a farm going. 

Education is more than books and slide rules. Oh, I need not use that antique instrument to make a point today. Many would have no clue what I mean.   Just put down your calculators and computers now and then...skip over google and go straight to the land. There is a truth that experience teaches more thoroughly at times.

I don't want to downplay the books. We need more of that as well. It is obvious that the last couple of generations, at least, have not learned their history.  If they had, we would not be in the mess we are in right now with this medi(non)care.  We would have appreciated the top notch medical system we have in this nation and are about to lose. 

If we had been taught properly, neither would we have strayed so far from the Biblical morals that keep people healthy and happy. We would not have thrown God out of our schools, courts, etc.

In the old testament of the Bible we were told to teach our young children as we go through the day...
  1. Deuteronomy 4:10
    Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when he said to me, “Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children.”
    Deuteronomy 4:9-11 (in Context) Deuteronomy 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Deuteronomy 11:19
    Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.


No comments:

Post a Comment