Monday, December 30, 2013

Saving Mr Banks



The triplets went to see the movie, Saving Mr Banks.  I had heard it was very good, but when I saw
how much they were enjoying the popcorn, I figured it had been the highlight of the day.  Little did I know how very good the movie was.  I wouldn't have known had I just read the reviews. As in most cases, if the reviews are great, I generally won't like the film. The critics seem to be looking for more worldly themes than I.

I enjoy stories that are based in truth and that turn out well in the end. This one was that. Usually,
I  do not like bouncing back and forth, history and present times. But in this case, it was easy to follow and explained why the female star of the show was like she was.

This should give you an idea of how seldom I watch movies these days, it took me 1/2 way through the movie to figure out that Walt Disney was being played by Tom Hanks. Wow he looked older than I remember him! The last movie I saw of his could have been Forrest Gump...1994.

He must have been through some rough times...as we all have.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”   NIV John 16:33

I tell myself this often these past few years.  Christ was born, lived a life of love for others and gave his life for us, so that we might be saved from sin and death.  Even though we all have problems here that cause us to mature, there will be none in heaven. He, the Savior has overcome the world. It will be destroyed one day and we who are saved will live on forever in the perfect place God has prepared for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment