Friday, January 10, 2014

County and Duck Dynasty


Yes, I know this is a very poor quality, but I need it to tell the story. It is the only one I have.
Tonight we went to dinner with two other couples, Mike, Trish, Al and Linda. Mike had bet the Al that he couldn't get my Ron to go with them to a country band session. Mike took the bet and got us aboard even though I generally do not like country music unless it is Carrie Underwood style.

Teresa had sent me a joke that I was eager to use.  When the first couple got to the restaurant, I told them we'd just heard they had canceled Duck Dynasty. They were shocked. They knew how many people loved that show. Then I told them that A&E was replacing it with a new reality show from Washington DC called Duck Responsibility. Okay, the mood got lighter. When the other couple, who watch the Robertsons religiously, got there, I told it again. That's when one could see real anger.  Could it be called righteous indignation?  Thanks, Teresa.

We ate at an Italian restaurant called Fiore's. The decor was nice, the chairs beautiful and very comfortable, I liked the sauce, but in my book, it wasn't worth the price.

Then for the big show of the night, we went to an old barn, which had been 'converted', thus the 'church pews'. It had been reworked to accommodate a country band on stage. There was no cost, they just passed a bucket for a contribution  and they sold refreshments.

Like I said at the beginning, I'm not a big fan of country, but it was really an enjoyable evening.  I had more fun than I would have at any number of shows on Broadway.  We even could sing along at different times if we wished...and we did.

Anyone who wants can sign in and sing at the microphone, so some of the singers were not great, but it was still fun. Ron and I have decided to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment