Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Joy is the Operative Word



Caleb has a thing for tractors. It seems like he always has. I remember the thrill of him seeing PaPa's big red tractor for the first time. Even though the noise it made kept him a little bit afraid to ride much, he loved to sit on it in the garage and watch his PaPa drive it.

 This year he got a John Deere blanket. This is it. Naturally, Oliver will probably follow suit and like tractors as well. 

It is a joy to see these two boys getting along so beautifully. It warms my heart. It is so sad to see brothers and sisters treating each other poorly. I can't imagine family gatherings with people like that.

And for today, Joy is the operative word. Yesterday, it was Love...
                                                         
                                                                 Today,  I Choose Joy

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical...the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human brings, created by God.  I will refuse  to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment