Monday, May 5, 2014

Impatiently Waiting



Maggie has routine that she likes to keep in the mornings. She isn't hungry when she first rises. She is much like me, it takes her a while. Neither of us drink coffee. I suppose that is our problem. Anyway the morning this was taken, she was laying in her accustomed spot on the foot stool, when her daddy came home from the "Y" much earlier than usual. She heard a noise, she looked toward the door. When she was sure it was the garage door opening, she jumped down and ran to the door. However, Ron was fiddling in the garage, gathering tools for a job. She was walking the floor waiting for him.
You could see in her eyes the questions as she waited very impatiently.

I don't think she got the trait from me, but I'm not a patient person. I expect that people will be punctual. I expect that a person will do what he/she knows to be right. I just expect too much out of a society of 'me firsts'.  I am impatient, knowing that our nation needs to stop spending money it doesn't have and won't be able to have for generations.

It is voting Day tomorrow. Please don't stay home. It is so important to show you stripes this election.


No comments:

Post a Comment