Thursday, May 1, 2014

pipSquigz


Oliver starts early with his Fat Brain toys. I love this bright eyed boy and can hardly wait to give him a big hug.

My writing may be disjointed this evening; but I have several thoughts,  things  that have crossed my path recently, that I'd like to share.

Number 1 is an Old Chinese Proverb that arrived with my Wordles puzzle this morning...

"If we don't change our direction, we're likely to end up where we're headed."   Now that is a scary thought after looking around and seeing which way the wind is blowing right now. It seems that no matter what good people do, other louder and more obstinate people jump up and do two things to take us back in the opposite direction.

We had Ladies' Bible Class this morning and our much esteemed leader, Paulette, taught us another lesson on joy...being joyful in the midst of whatever is happening in one's life.   This one had to do with what complaining does to ones joy and the joy  of those around us. She showed us a video of a man who had a collar around his neck, similar to a dog's collar associated with an electric fence. Whenever the poor man would make the slightest complaint, he would get shocked. You can imagine how many times he got shocked in less than 10 minutes..  It was being used to teach us how often we complain. The Bible verses also let us know that our father God in heaven was very displeased with those who complained in Bible days. Hence we can expect the same today.

We have an assignment of writing something for which we are grateful both morning and night for a week.  I am truly blessed that I can think of many things for which I am thankful.  I am trying my best to not complain, but to be grateful.

I've been writing about choices one can make. Tonight  I'm thinking of the choice to be faithful.
Today, actually tomorrow, I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust.  My associates will not question my word. My husband will not question my love and my children will never fear that  I will stop caring for them.

I choose faithfulness.

    LOVE    JOY    PEACE    PATIENCE    KINDNESS    GOODNESS    FAITHFULNESS


No comments:

Post a Comment