Monday, February 23, 2015

Need a Snow Picture



With all the snow we're having this winter, I felt it would be good to get out of the house and pose for a picture, just for the record. However, I am outdoors enough, just shoveling. It has been exceedingly cold this year and I hadn't attempted anything fun.  Not that this picture is fun, but I did get to be with my two honeys...Ron and our little Maggie, who was wrestling to get down and run around in the snow.

For a breed from Cuba, she certainly likes the cold and particularly  the snow. She likes to eat it and she  comes in with ice frozen in her whiskers.  Anyway, I didn't want her wet, I wanted her to pose as well. Couldn't get that to happen.

There are much prettier places to take pictures and I'd love to have one in front of one of the several really high snow banks we have,  but it has really been too cold to stay out longer than necessary.  Maybe I'll do it yet. The snow is still here and not likely to melt soon.

Until that time, I have been taking numerous pictures of snow from inside our warm and cozy house.

While keeping warm this morning, I read Philippians. It is a short book and our minister asked us to read it for next Sunday. A rule follower, I had to do it, again. It is one of the books I have read the most often. The whole Bible is true, but the truth in Philippians inspires me to press onward to the prize. I am one who marked up her Bible and over the years I've marked different passages and written notes of explanation or my feelings and dated them in several colors of ink. It is in danger of becoming obliterated by my scribbles. But still, each time I read it, something different stands out to me, at my present stage of life or recent experiences. Why don't you try it some time this week? It is short and easy to read. Go ahead and mark it up. God wants us to grab hold of His word. Put it in your heart. Couldn't be anything better in there. Maybe it will help with some of the trash the world has put in there lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment