Friday, March 20, 2015

Wow Star Wars



I was pretty excited to see Caleb with these uniformed guys. But sadly to say, I did not recognize them. I knew the boys had gone to the Science Museum, but these did not look like the astronaut suits I looked up on google. Ignorant me then emailed his mother and asked what characters they were. You would think I would know they were from Star Wars; but then, remember, I am painfully ignorant about movies and TV.  In 1977 when the movie came out, I had 5 children, the youngest was 7, so I was quite a busy mom. I did 'see' the movie, but as usual I fell asleep in it.  I have seen pictures of the characters now and then over the years, but they didn't stick...none but R2D2. I did remember him. It so happened that when I asked Beth about the pictures she had sent me of Caleb, she sent me another one of Colton and Caleb with R2D2.  If I had had that picture all along, I would have known the others.

It was pretty exciting for the boys. It pleases me just to see Caleb smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment