Monday, April 13, 2015

A Big Deal



This  Retro American Doll play set is understandably a Big Deal, in more than one way. First of all, Ashley's mom had been trying to find a good price on this set because Ashley really wanted it. That is  why it was a big deal for Ashley, because she wanted it so badly.  It was a Big Deal to her mom because, she actually found a deal on it. I need to hear her tell the story again.  She got a fantastic  price. I believe they had the wrong price on it or something like that. Because of that, Chelle did not wait until Ashley wasn't with her, she just swept that  box up and paid f or it in front of Ashley.

I call that a victory. But there is a greater victory. James Chilton wrote about that today:


Victory Knows Three Words
By James Chilton on Apr 13, 2015 12:00 am
share on Twitter Like Victory Knows Three Words on Facebook
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, 
because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is 
in the world” (I John 4:4, NIV).
Jesus won!  And He lives in us!  I Corinthians 15:47-58 clearly says 
we have been given the victory in Christ.
Victory knows three words:
Challenge.  We will be hit by the enemy.  The evil one challenges 
us because he wants us to forget that we have authority in Christ.  
In Christ we accept this challenge because we know the outcome.
Choice.  We will have to make a choice when challenged.  The 
devil will always try to convince us that we don’t have options.  A 
believer must make the choice of a victor.
Change.  When we make the choice of a victor, we will experience 
change.  We feel more confident because we are allowing Christ to 
be in control.
Embracing these three concepts will remind us that Someone is living 
inside us right now, and He’s greater than anything the evil one can 
throw in our path.

1 comment:

  1. Well the story is a little different. Ashley didn't know this set existed until I found it right in front of her. I wanted to get it for her for a long time but you just can't find them anywhere. Not many made and high in demand. So these don't usually go on sale because they are hard to find. Anyway, when I saw it I snatched it up, intending to pay full price. But the sign didn't match the product and they had to give me the price that was posted!!! I don't remember how much I paid but I got a fabulous deal!

    ReplyDelete