Thursday, April 2, 2015

Arcades for Kids



When I saw these pictures of Aussie and Ashley, it was the first I'd known about Dave and Buster's. It seems to be a wide spread chain, a combination  restaurant arcade and bar. It looks like it could be  a lot of fun, during the day. I'm not sure I would like it with people drinking though. I imagine it could get quite loud and unruly. 

I thought of Chuck e Cheese, another such arcade. It is for children. My kids used to go there, especially John who took advantage of the offer of free tickets for good report cards. I've taken the triplets there are well. 

I was thinking about what a great experience it was for the children. But from the back of my mind, I remembered hearing earlier this week about a brawl at a Chuck e Cheese. I googled it, and sure enough it was TERRIBLE. A mob of Customers there for a child's birthday party beat up the staff with others cheering them on.


And yes, I found out most do serve alcohol now. I don't know if they always did or not, but whatever the case, the world is getting worse and worse. People are more and more self centered and unloving. Drunks can be exceedingly dangerous.

 I know it would mean much less income for the arcades if they were to discontinue the bar, but I think it might be a smart step to take to protect the children from such unleashed violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment