Sunday, February 28, 2016

Worn Out


Well, I still have pictures from Vail and I'm enjoying making layouts for a book to record memories for the boys.  At two, Oliver may be too young to remember a lot. However, he could be like my dad and I who recollect things from that age.

This picture really tells it all. I love it.

I had an exciting thing happen to me today. A lady whom I had run into at a thrift shop in another town (both of us had stopped in on a whim without planning ahead) sat directly in front of me at  church this morning. Doesn't sound like a story to you? Well it will in a second. The church is not in the same town as either of us live...and these are not small towns.

At the store sometime earlier this year, I believe I complimented her on something she was eyeing and we just started a conversation. It became a long talk covering several topics. When we finally broke it off, I felt like we had been old friends. We exchanged names and I went home and told my husband about her and how much I had enjoyed that exchange.

He shamed me for not getting her address. I didn't think anything more about it. Then this morning when church was over, she and I realized we had met at the shop some weeks before.  Now this church is not in my hometown or hers. It is not a large church. I go there all the time, but she had not been there before. She was visiting with her daughter, whom had made the decision to find a church. She had chosen that one today because she had been there with a friend when, I believe she said, she was a little girl.

I have to admit I got a little teary thinking that the chances were so slim of us meeting twice like that. I felt like it was what I call, a God thing. And I still do after thinking it through.

I'm looking forward to getting to know her better...and maybe making some memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment