Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Thinking Good Thoughts


Here is Ava and her mommy, both beautiful. Look at those gorgeous eyes. I haven't seen them for way too long, but I'm glad to at least see these faces. I am thankful for selfies.


I love these two, but God loves them even more than I do. That is hard for me to imagine.
The Bible says, “God has loved you with an everlasting love; He has drawn you with loving-kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3).

I have to admit that I've been very disappointed lately with the way our country is going. I believe  that we have had a lot of good people running for public office. However, some are not good. Some are actually evil, very evil. I've been able to think about it and talk about without a lot of angst.  But today as I read, I became very depressed and ended up crying out to our God to save us from the evil that surrounds us...to guide our elections...to protect them from fraud, etc.
My cries were so loud and worrisome that our little dog Maggie came running to comfort me.

Now that was my comfort. She, Maggie was here to help me get it together. She is a good dog. 

Thank you Father for all that is good in the world. Help me  to concentrate on that and hand over the rest to you.

I have used this scripture here before, but this is a good time to repeat it: 2 Chronicles 7:14 
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

For those of you who might be interested, you can look up anything you would like to know about the Bible here:

No comments:

Post a Comment