Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Feeding Sheep





Early this morning, I posted Feeding the Goats. Now, here it is nearly 11:30 PM and Im posting again. This time the boys are feeding the sheep. At least that is what I hope these animals are. I'd never seen sheep that looked like these before.

I mentioned a Bible passage that talked about separating the goats from the sheep when Christ returns for his children. The last post about the goats reminded me of that Bible story.

Now today, the picture, which has the sheep separate from the goats. The verse that comes to mind is something quite different. It is John 21:17 Jesus said to Peter, 'Feed my sheep" He told him three times. He was instructed to guard over the sheep...or young Christians who still need help to grow and mature into strong Christians.

And then there is the verse, John 10:27..."My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

We are the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3  We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Remembering that, when Christ returns to the earth, He has said, He will divide the goats from the sheep. The sheep will be His forever, but the goats will be cast away.

Makes me want to be easily identified as his one of His people. He also said, by their fruit we would know them. If we are filled with love and do His will, it will be easy to tell that we are His children.

I pray that all of you will aspire to that great freedom, freedom from sin. Bought by the spirit and saved by the blood of Christ's death on the cross. He arose and He lives forever and ever.

Sounds like an Easter sermon, right? All I can say is, the spirit led me through this blog tonight. I'm nearly asleep right now. Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment