Friday, September 30, 2016

Thank You Cross Fit



Between her primary job and her membership (and part time coaching) in Cross Fit, I don't know how Lauren has time to sleep.  But on top of all that, she takes time to participate in races, like the Reebok Spartan Race. 

It was humorous to me that not long before I saw this picture of her languishing on the Cross Fit floor, I had seen this picture of a tea shirt with a very meaningful statement: EVERYTHING HURTS AND I'M DYING. They surely looked the part in the photo at the gym.

Would love to see her again, but with her parents now in another state, it would be a stretch to even hope for it...like I said, she is way too busy to cross a couple of states to see me.

I like Max Lucado's way with words.And because I get 
his letter by email most days, I often rerun some of his words, 
because they are really good. This is what I received from Max
today. I hope you appreciate it as much as I have:


Maybe you’ve seen the sight. Tethered to a high-speed boat, 
the parasail lifts the rope-clinging customer six hundred feet 
into the air. High above, the passenger hangs on and enjoys 
the view, letting the boat do the work. What choice does he 
or she have? To reach such heights, help is needed. 
To maintain such heights, power is mandated. No person can 
self-elevate to such a level.

Watching as one of my daughters flew high above on the 
parasail, I thought, “Isn’t this a picture of grace? Look at her, 
soaring and sitting. Those two words seldom appear in the 
same sentence. Especially religious sentences. We tend to 
think soaring and working; soaring and striving, soaring and 
struggling. But 
soaring and sitting? It happens. It happens when you let the 
boat do the work. It happens when you let God do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment