Friday, October 28, 2016

Oliver and the Chicken


I asked my kids and grandchildren to send me fall photos. I am really in the mood, so I've skipped a lot of pictures that I've needed to use for layouts and jumped right into fall. I love this time of year and the colors are fabulous. Of course not everywhere does one find the gorgeous colors we have in Ohio.  

These pictures of Oliver in Colorado, give me such joy. How sweet it is to see him follow in his big brothers footsteps and learn to love these farmyard fowl.  And what a pretty chicken this is. 

I also have had the chance to hold a chicken myself because of Caleb's love for them. I was very surprised to feel how very soft their feathers are. I had always imagined them stiff...nothing like they really are.  Evidently, Oliver likes that softness as well and he wants to cuddle it.

Changing the subject to Max Lucado's weekday email today. I've quoted him before and I'll do it again. I really appreciate his words. He makes everything so simple. Today, he talked about problems.
Now, no one likes problems, so why am I posting this?  Because his words soften the blow a bit for me. I hope it is helpful for you as well.


Problems Happen

You’ll never have a problem-free life. Ever! This headline will never appear in the paper or on your screen: We Have Only Good News to Report!” You might discover a way to e-mail pizza and become a billionaire. You might be called out of the stands to pinch-hit when your team is down to its final out of the World Series.  You might hit a home run. It’s not likely, but it is possible. But a problem-free, no-hassle, blue-sky existence of smooth sailing? Don’t hold your breath.
But not all people see problems the same way. Some people are overcome by problems. Others overcome problems. Some people are left bitter; others are left better. Some people face their challenges with fear, others with faith. You don’t have a choice about having problems, but you do have a choice about what you do with them. Choose faith, won’t you?

Don't forget to keep up your prayers for this country and the problems we are having these days. Everyone and every country has problems. But some handle them better than others.



No comments:

Post a Comment