Thursday, January 12, 2017

Visiting with Friends


I suppose most of us remember Christmas Vacation from school in a pleasant way. There have to be exceptions, but that break was a good one. The triplets are enjoying time off from school here with old friends who no longer go to the same schools. The boys are visiting from Chicago. And I am guessing that Abby is still home schooled, whereas the triplets are not this year. Glad they had this chance to get together...like old times.

Well, I was going to be with my 'old' friends today. We had planned it just last week to celebrate Phyllis' birthday, which was Tuesday. It had been too long since we've done anything fun...well at least a month.  But I messed up on directions.

We were going to Brio. We planned to meet at Robin's and ride together from there. OK, so nothing hard about that, except that I decided to make a large batch of chili for Ron and I wasn't left with a lot of time; so I decided to drive alone, taking a short cut from my house and meeting them there.  But there was a BIG problem. When I got there, the restaurant's name was Bravo, not Brio. Brio was quite a long way from there and it was dark and I was not familiar with that area of Cleveland, at least not while driving alone at night, so I chose to go back home. boo hoo. I missed the fun and was quite understandably disappointed.  

Right now, I have about 20 minutes left until midnight and a third  bad thing  could happen. Third? you ask? Yes, the second was, while making the large batch of chili, I measured out the amount of hamburger on a small kitchen scale. I was able to put one pound on that scale...I forgot the other pound. Yes, that was very bad, because I didn't realize it until the chili was supposedly ready to eat.
Ron had to finish what I had started, adding the rest of the hamburger.

Don't things like this come in threes?

No comments:

Post a Comment