Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Good Day


It's been a long day, but a really good one. The major reason for that is, our cool 7 year old grandson, Caleb, had surgery and it went really well. I had been a little anxious about it for a while, even though I trust that with Christ as our savior, we win in the end.  Even with that promise, we know that not every detail will go as we want it to go.  

To keep myself calm during his operation, I chose to run errands instead of wringing my hands and praying loudly for everyone involved. 

The big chore for the day was a visit to Sam's Club, where the clerk announced as I checked out that due to a special program, I had saved over $9.00. But in my realistic mode, I reminded him that I had to spend over $170 to save $9. It doesn't sound like big savings to me. If that were all I'd save by shopping Sam's,  I would have to shop closer to home.

Before dinner, our little Maggie went along with us to check out some damage to a ladies house. She is a widow who had asked for help from a men's group to which my husband belongs. That bunch of men, as the Bible instructs, helps the widows of our area. It is a good work and I'm happy he is still able to do his part.

After that, we had lunch at one of Ron's favorites, Boston Market.  

I had started to write more, but realized it was getting more boring by the minute and you all have more important things to do. You have been saved  by that thought.

Praying Caleb and his family will have a comfortable and safe night. And I pray that for you as well.

And Gail, as my editor, you may find some big errors  tonight, because I am already falling asleep as I type.


No comments:

Post a Comment