Tuesday, May 30, 2017

New Hairdo


Ava got a new hairdo to  go with her pretty dress. A lovely little dress calls for a girly layout. The kit I used here was just perfect. It is Scrapgirl's Spring Whimsey by Cindy Rohrbough. She does well with the truly feminine accents and papers.

Not so cute is her great grandmother, that would be me. I also got a new hairdo. 




My friend, Sali, hearing that I really want my hair to grow longer, but didn't like the bushiness in it right then, told me I should let her cut it in layers. Well, as you can see, I did it. It is not as full, thankfully; but it can be more unruly with waves doing their own things. 

It has been a long day for this older lady.  About 10 AM I started a little trip down to Bellville, OH to meet 7 other  girls from my high school class.  We seemed to get quite a bit of attention at Der 
Dutchman, with one older lady telling us it was so good to see us all together enjoying ourselves. Another lady came to our table and offered to take  a picture. She ended up taking pictures with four different phones...I take that back. One of us gave her a c a m e r a. Yes, an antique. The lady was a little less familiar with that and had to be told where to look to see what was in the picture.

It was a delightful drive, I generally don't need  to go over 10 miles at a time any more, but  I do enjoy driving. It was quite fun, until a little warning light came up on my dash...I was almost out of gas. I had no idea how much I had left and thought I might run out any minute. I panicked and called Ron, since I had turned off the expressway to find a gas station and was out in the middle of NOWHERE! He  asked me how many more miles I could go. I didn't know. Well, it seems that all these years I was unaware that on my dashboard panel, one of those numbers tells me just how many more miles I can go before getting gas. At the time, it said 10 miles. So I got back on the exway and headed home. I was able to get off at my regular exit and get gas. It said I still had 2 gallons. I'm telling you, it was great getting that tank filled. Next time, if it ever happens again...I will not panic. I'll know what to do. And I will remember to ask Seri to find the nearest gas station and thank you for guiding me home. Love that technology!



No comments:

Post a Comment