Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Recuperation


This was Caleb's first day home after his operation. Recuperation is the priority. Not real easy for an active boy...but he can do it. Caleb, What do you have there? 

This doesn't have anything at all to do with the layout today. It was just interesting that in my email yesterday were two admonitions about anger and avoiding it.

I do not get angry with people. I will instead make excuses for their behavior  over and over. However, I get whacked out over computer problems, for example. I guess I should make excuses for them as well. I'm sure I could say, well, they are a product of people. God didn't design them, so we cannot expect them to be perfect. I should  do that, but...I'm praying for God to help me with that. It won't come easy.

Many people are just angry people for whatever reason. We need to be careful with them. The Bible in Proverbs 15:1 tells us, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.  We need to be very careful with our response to their questions, so as not to set them off.

Now for those of us who get angry quickly, this Bible verse says it well: James 1:19b "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

Sit and think of it for a minute or so. Do you get 'mad' easily? Does it show in your actions? Or are you one who can defuse anger with a soft word or words? Anger does not produce good results.
But soft spoken words of love and wisdom go a long way.



No comments:

Post a Comment