Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Want a Friend, Be a Friend




As you may be able to tell by the background, the triplets and their friend did spend some time in the water while at the river beach. But most of the pictures, at least, were taken in the sand. The sand castle was a group effort and here they are posing with it. Making Happy Memories is what I like to see.

 I remember as a young person hearing, if you want a friend, be a friend. I feel that lots of people have missed out on that and live fairly lonely lives while wishing they had close friends. The younger one is she learns this, the better she will be. Of course that goes for males as well.

I read Rick Warren's newsletter this morning and it reminded me that :to have a friend, be a friend.  I'll try to shorten his instruction here so that perhaps you will get something from it as I did.


Rick made three statements to this affect that are good suggestions in making this happen.

Now for his three points:
1. Quit thinking about yourself. Focus on the needs of others. Look for specific ways you might help them.

2. Focus on your purpose.  You might ask, "What is my purpose?" I would say, your purpose is to do the will of God. Do what God wants you to do. He wants you to be like his son, Jesus.

3. Focus on supporting others.   Rick Warren says it this way, " Instead of thinking, "I'm so lonely," say, "Father, help me to be friend to people who need a friend. Help me to help lonely people." That's an effective antidote for loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment