Wednesday, August 30, 2017

50 Years


I rarely do this, but I did today. I had already made a layout with this picture taken on our 50th anniversary last Saturday night and I had posted it here as well.  But as we were looking through our wedding album, I found this picture and decided that what I really wanted was a layout showing the  comparison of then and now.

Oh what a difference! A couple of our friends actually said they wouldn't have recognized that would have been us. Sad in a way, but hey 50 years is fifty years and it means that I have twice the man I married...well almost twice anyway. And, there is more of me to love as well.  We both learned to eat.

Now, we both need to go on a diet, but then we've known that for quite a while. I have fasted a couple of times, but after a year or so, the pounds have come back.

We are thankful tonight that the rain has stopped in Texas and people we know personally are safe. But now comes the clean up.

Thank the Lord that there was so much love shown to each other by those involved in that historical disaster. It helped show that our nation is not divided by race like many try to make us look. We are all creatures of the one true God. In God's eyes, we are all his people.

We all need to realize that all have the same red blood, black, white, red, yellow, male, female, rich, poor, tall, short, etc. God loves us all has encouraged us to love our fellow man as we love ourselves.

Again, it has been good to see the victims of the flood helping each other as they have. And it is now
time for all of us to help in one way or another. If you can't go to them, you can send money, and if you are not in a position to do either of those, please pray.

Looks like that might be the encouragement we need to diet, so that we can give to the flood victims the money we can save.


No comments:

Post a Comment