Saturday, September 30, 2017

First Day of School



I had some fun playing around with this layout. I really like the photo which shows John's shadow as he and Oliver follow Caleb, his mommy and Julia to school on the first day back.

Caleb will be in second grade with Mrs. Ellendorff.  I'm happy he goes to the IB school.

It seemed like a short summer, since he started it off with an operation. But he recovered well and enjoyed some soccer and basketball. He certainly looks ready with that cool backpack.

Why did I enjoy making this page so much?  I loved the papers available to me at Scrapgirls. com. They were designed by Syndee Nuckles in a pack called 1-2- Buckle My Shoe. I rarely use just one kit, so the elements, like the 2nd grade medal I found in the kit Old School on Misty Cato Designs. I even found a paper in a free kit, called Schoolin/ Freebie by Kate Teague on Two Peas in a Bucket, that repeated the phrase BACK TO SCHOOL over and over. I overlayed the photo with it. You may not even  see it unless you click on the photo to view it larger. It is just a touch of interest, which was in a class I found on JessicaSprague.com  today.

I'm happy that I have a large family and many pictures with which to work. It keeps me from focusing too long on the state of the world.

Please continue to pray for this nation, that we come together in love and work out our  problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment