Thursday, January 4, 2018

Santa Has Been Here


Santa has been here. He has come and gone. And most of  our children have also come and gone.  But our daughter, April came today from WV to see us and her brother, Mark. Only problem is, Mark left on an early plane this morning for California.  He had decided yesterday and was able to get a flight out today.  

April had still another purpose for the trip. She is a veteran Craig's list shopper. So she and her dad made a drive to the Wooster area to pick up an heirloom bedroom set for the mountain home she is remodeling...while I napped.

To see her, you would think she is a model, but she is a no holds barred hard worker. Because of that, it is difficult for me to think of her as a grandmother; but she surely does make a good one. The layout above features her Delaware grandchildren with Santa.  What does that make me? OLD!  

It has been since early September that I last saw them running around having a big time at April's.

Well, how timely! I just got the information that we need to avoid eating romaine lettuce until the FDA and CDC  can  get to the bottom of an outbreak of E Coli.  And this comes the day before I had planned to start back on my diet after the holidays. OH NO! I've gained more than I want to admit, enough that I need new clothes, but I'm not willing to buy bigger ones. So I am cramming myself into uncomfortable clothes and I won't be eating salads, but what are my choices? More fattening things.  I know, I know. I'm just using this as an excuse...there is always fasting!  

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take another look at fasting. It can be a really good thing. Those of you who have known me for years remember a couple of times when my fasting led to a good weight loss. I always fasted for a while before I started the Daniel diet which was the diet spoken of in the first chapter of Daniel in the Bible.



No comments:

Post a Comment