Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Stars and Stripes

Al is a great shopper and this time he came up with a fantastic large USA flag...the starts and stripes forever!  He brought it  to the house so our group could see it. As you can see, he didn't completely unfold it, It would have been dragging on the floor.
Yes, it is big...especially for a private home flag. He now needs a very substantial tall flag pole. I wonder how long it will take him to find just the right one. I hope it is soon.

To go along with  Al's new flag, I'm posting a song that I really like written by George M. Cohan in 1906, You're a Grand Old Flag.

I prefer the chorus and verse 2. I guess that is because I am the daughter of a Rebel father and mother, but I am an honest to goodness Yankee. 
I've omitted verse one.  


Chorus
You're a grand old flag,
You're a high-flying flag,
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of the land I love,
The home of the free and the brave.[N 5]
Ev'ry heart beats true
'Neath the Red, White and Blue,[N 6]
Where there's never a boast or brag.
But should auld acquaintance be forgot,[N 7]
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment