Monday, December 10, 2018

Happy Fifth Birthday


I've been on a mission of trying to think positively recently.  It is helpful, but today I took a few minutes to pity myself because I have never been with  this sweetheart kid  on his birthday. Today was the big day, he turned 5. What a boy. 

About a week ago I was talking to him via FaceTime. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said, "Well  I already have  my Paw Patrol", like he  had that, he didn't need anything more. It tickled me because that is what I gave him last year.  

It is so difficult to know what to buy when he is so far away. What does he have already? I don't know. So  I usually put a burden on his mom  to come up with something.  And then there is delivery time and cost that complicates things. This  time his mom helped me very much by finding something and  calling me from the store. That worked very well for me. But then she had to wrap it.  So a shout  out to a special mom who is so very considerate of and old grandmother who lives too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment