Tuesday, April 9, 2019

No Bark


Maggie and I have our own language, and we call her collars, neckies.  She is not fond of  them, particularly now that she has one that keeps her from wandering away, by sounding off if we transmit a signal to it. It also shocks her if she fails to heed it on the first call. Now she has a new one that buzzes her if she barks.

Her method of welcoming guests is barking. That is fine in many cases, but when we are expecting friends, I really don't want her sounding off as I open the door.

I have taught her that talking ( barking) is bad manners when she rides in my car; however when in Ron's car, she barks at everyone.  I really hate that when I'm in the car with her...she doesn't listen to me in her daddy's car. Anyway,  that is the reason, we put this 'neck' on her tonight...and other times we expect guests.

This photo was taken  a couple of weeks ago when we first got this collar. She was not one bit pleased. Poor baby.  But it does work quite well.

The funny thing it, when her dad has put it on her,  sometimes he forgets to take it off  when it is  no longer needed. She will  come to me  and ask me to remove it. How does she do that? She will get right in front of me and lift her head back so that I can see  she is wearing it, then she lies down right there so that I can remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment