Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Ski Lifts and Physics


When  I'm using pictures I have not taken myself, I like to know as much about them as  I can, so I generally do some googling. I knew Beth and Julia were on the Keystone ski lift in Colorado...so  I googled Keystone gondola ski lift. And was really surprised  by what I found...there were several mentions  of it in relation to physics. From what I gather, this ski lift has found its way into physics tests around the country. 

One of the questions asked was the one I mentioned here on the page:  "The gondola ski lift at Keystone, Colorado is 2830 m long. On average, the ski lift rises 14.6°above the horizontal. 
How high is the top of the ski lift relative to the base?

Not only do  I not know how to find the answer, but I did not find out any other information about the ski lift. As you can tell.  It was a beautiful ride up the mountain there to the ski slope where Julia got to ski...

 I  don't know physics, and neither do I know how to ski... So Julia, who skied that day is way ahead of me and she is only 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment