Monday, August 19, 2019

Love That Breeze


This summer started out rainy. The 'spring rains' just kept coming and coming in torrents. Then it turned hot...VERY HOT as well. I feel a little badly about complaining about the humid heat, since so many people choose to live in places like that and others have no choice. But we chose to not live like that; but it has been given us this year anyway.  

I stay in air conditioned areas most of the time, but I do like to get  out to the swing once in a while and enjoy just watching the fish jump up, the birds fly over squirrels scurry by and water craft of all kind go by. 

This day,  I slipped out and put my legs up on the shaded seat of the swing, wishing to enjoy the fact that we live on the lake. But in no time, here came Ron and our little Maggie, who both wanted to share the swing. I really needed to keep my legs up out of the sunshine to prevent damage to my WHITE, easily burnt skin. So here we are piled onto the swing, both Ron and I with iPhones in our hands as if we were of a younger generation and had nothing to do but stick our noses in the phones. 

Yes,  we eventually put down the phones and enjoyed the view and the wonderful breeze from the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment