Thursday, November 7, 2019

Sweater Weather



Maggie had never wanted to wear a sweater, but here she is with a Christmas sweater we got her several years ago. Today, the weather is perfect for something like this; however Maggie will no longer wear it. Her hair has now grown out sufficiently that she no longer  needs it.

There is a story to this, that I've not mentioned. Back in the summer, I had trouble grooming her.  It took too long and my back was giving me lots of trouble. She needed combed daily because of her long, thick hair. She got so tangled that I was too embarrassed to take her to her groomer. So I took her to her doctor to see what could be done about it. I left her there and a few hours later got a call from his office. The lady who was  doing the work said, "We will have to take it short". She was talking  about her  hair. I thought by that, they meant maybe 2 inches long...but when I went to pick her up. I didn't recognize her. She had been shaved. So she went from a long haired Havanese to what looked like a short haired terrier. She was traumatized as well. This  picture was taken 4 days later. It wasn't cold out, but it seemed to make her more comfortable, much like a baby wrapped tightly in a blanket.

Her hair has now grown out enough that she is comfortable (but still less than two inches long) and even on a cooler day with freezing temperatures, she does not need a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment