Thursday, August 30, 2018

Biggin's Big Dip



It's much more fun to take the boat to get ice cream, but this year and possibly next we have to drive because  of the new dam project on East Reservoir. It is very interesting to watch the work in progress, but it is very disruptive around the lakes as well. 

This day, we took the family over to Portage Lakes Drive and hit Biggin's Big Dip. The little park like area they have set up provided a perfect picture taking opportunity. I would say it is a shame we had ice cream all over our faces, but it does add something to the theme of the page.  

It was interesting to observe the kid's reactions to the little boy and girl statue. I love these pictures even better that the ice cream and that is saying a lot. They have the best black cherry ice cream going.

It is a shame we can't do this once a  week. Actually Ron and I could.  However, a few weeks ago, my doctor informed me that my cholesterol is up; so rather than take medicine,  I have cut out ice cream (and I was addicted to it) cheese, cream cheese and yogurt which I had been eating every day.  I cut down my milk as well. I've always been careful about fatty meats.

It is a pain to be old...at least I think that is the problem. I had to change my diet because of the diverticulosis, then those  foods caused the cholesterol problem. I'm hoping something else doesn't pop up now like blood sugar. I'd just have to quit eating all together. Of course I would probably be much better off if a I did that for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment