Thursday, October 26, 2017

Black and White



Many years ago, when I was a  young girl, all of our photos...and there weren't many of them, were black and white. By the time I was 11, my mother was working for the best photographer in town, coloring photos with oil paints. She did a lovely job and I still have many of those photos. Some I've published in books. 

But now after decades of color film and so many colorful photos that we have to store them in a cloud somewhere, we sometimes like to go back to a black and white. This is one of those photos that lends itself to the simplified mode.  Words are not needed. I believe the story is told quite well. Lauren is a beautiful girl (young woman) and she is very devoted to lifting.

Now back to the cloud. I don't get it. I really don't! Where are these pictures really??? And what would happen to them, if there were some major glitch, like one which would do away with our computers? Something would happen to electricity...would they disappear forever, or would someone thousands of years later discover them floating around somewhere? It just boggles my mind. Would our entire history from the computer age vanish? No, I don't have a good education in computers, but my husband does. That doesn't help me one bit!





No comments:

Post a Comment