Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Ornament Exchange


Phyllis invited me to her ladies' group Christmas Dinner at Hartville Kitchen on December 8. I wasn't thinking straight and thought we just took an ornament and hung it on a tree, which they would give to a charity. I ran to the nearest store and bought one of the first things I saw, which was a glittery gold angel...a cheap one. It turned out it was an ornament exchange.  I was the only one to show up with an unwrapped gift ornament.  I was a little embarrassed about that, but Phyllis tried to make me feel better. I played the game along with the rest of the girls and someone ended up having to take my glittery angel home with her. (It would have looked fine on my tree, which is an angel tree with predominantly gold ornaments.)  And  I got the wreath made of 'jingle' bells pictured on this layout.

If Phyllis sees fit to take me along next year, and I hope she does; I will take a nice bauble in a pretty 
package. I promise.

Oh, by the way, the cake was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment