Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sink or Swim

Being so young and living only one year in Marmet, I don't remember much...a very few things. Tomorrow night, I hope to tell you the four things I do remember.

Tonight, I'd rather tell you about the Summit County Tea Party that we attended tonight. It is always great to see the wholesome crowd these 'parties' attract. It is comforting to see people of all ages and colors come together in an effort to make things right again in the country...people who believe the Constitution was written based on truth and that it does not need to be rewritten every year or so.

The speakers were very knowledgable, quite refreshing in this age of ignorance and conformity. I thank God for all the people who are willing to stand up and be counted, and especially for those who are willing to put their lives on hold for a while and run for office.

I am praying more and more people will do this and that we can do away with career politicians. I'm definitely for term limits. Congressmen should always have to go back home and live under the laws they have passed. As a matter of fact, they should never pass a law by which they don't have to abide. We don't want a ruling class. This is a republic and office holders are supposed to be doing what their constituents want them to do, which is the opposite of what they are doing right now.

The very best speaker we heard tonight, in my opinion, was a black man. His color doesn't matter to us, but I am so proud of him for going against the tide and doing what is right. So many are conservative, but are afraid to come out and say it. Now he is one man I'd like to see in the oval office. I pray that those like him will be instrumental in bringing more good men and women into the Tea Party. All our citizens are in this together and must join in a common effort to right our path, or all sink in the same boat together. We either swim or sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment