Monday, January 7, 2013



I love my Christmas trees, but this is the third year I've put up only one... the angel tree. I love the simplicity of white and gold on the green tree. (I also love my child charming tree filled with working Hallmark ornaments. But it has become more difficult for us to get the tree upstairs and all the boxes of ornaments, some of which must be 'fixed' each year.)


I like to put off dismantling Christmas, since I could enjoy it through February perhaps, but it just doesn't seem right, so it has to come down.   I started yesterday and finished the chore today. I call it a chore, but I really enjoy handling each ornament. This year  I packaged them all in pretty Christmas gift boxes I had purchased at JoAnn's.  It will be even more fun to get them out again soon after Thanksgiving.

Have you ever had to be on a budget or at least understand the purpose of one?   The following is pretty interesting as well as puzzling.  Someone decided to use the federal government budget amounts and remove 8 zeros from it.
We'll pretend it's a household budget:

*Annual family income: $21,700 (remember we've removed 8 o's from these numbers}
*Money the family spent: $38,200
*New debt on the credit card $16,500
*Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
*Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Wouldn't work at home, would it?  It doesn't work anywhere. With a family budget, one would lose their home, car, etc.  With a federal budget, there is much more at stake.


No comments:

Post a Comment