Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goofy Spring Break


Our grand daughter went to Florida for Spring break.  One of the things she and her friend Aron enjoyed there was Disney World.  In the drawing she and Aron are posing with Goofy. I just have to tease her a little about her 'Goofy Spring Break'. But I'm jealous.  I love that place!

In the middle picture, she, Aron and his mother (who met them down there) pose with the castle in the background.

We are very proud of Lauren.  Her grades are tops, 4points or close.  I just emailed her iPhone to see what it is exactly, but can only wait so long before I publish this early enough to beat my midnight deadline.

Daily the Founder's Quote turns up in my inbox.  It is sent from http://patriotpost.us/. Every day, I find it enlightening. Today's bit by John Adams  needs to be heeded by  our nation's parents.  We have all been spoiled.  We want to do what we want. We are used to taking, not giving. Work is no longer a priority in most of our eyes. Leisure time and  entertainment rule.

Quoting John Adams:  "It should be your care, therefore, and mine, to elevate the minds of our children and exalt their courage; to excite in them an habitual contempt of meanness, abhorrence of injustice and inhumanity, and an ambition to excel in every capacity, faculty and virtue.  If we suffer their minds to grovel and creep in infancy, they will grovel all their lives."  From John Adams dissertation on the Canon and Feudal Law, 1756

No comments:

Post a Comment