Saturday, June 6, 2009

INTENSE


I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Did something terrible happen? Did I see an animal get hurt? Did someone hurt my feelings? NO NO NO. I just found someone who could be my sister...not really. Don't jump to conclusions. But I was reading Ro's blog: Life Muses by Ro today. Can't even give you a link to it, because it is fed to me by Feed Blitz. Shoot I don't know how that works. She wants comments, but I'm frustrated to death because it doesn't give me a way to do that. I contacted her helper at Scrapgirls yesterday, but evidently not all of us are picking it up without the comment box. I've gotten it in the past, but the last couple of days it has been GONE.

My point is. The subject of the blog was INTENSE. Some of you may not think of me that way, but I am. I didn't realize how much until my son John was here last week. He said in these exact words, "Mom, you are just so INTENSE." Yes. I guess I am. It is just like Ro said in her blog:
"I am intense. I work hard, think hard, worry hard, laugh hard, feel hard, and love hard. I commit fully to work I believe in and to the faith in which I believe."

And as I think, she says, "Some people think that intensity is a negative quality to own, particularly if you are a woman, as women are often expected to be cushy, milk and lovey-dovey. (relaxed) My keen interest in business, politics, technology, and my strong opinions of what should be done catches people off-guard. I believe my intensity is a gift from God because without it, I would not have accomplished what I have. My drive to succeed and to make it possible for others to succeed requires intense commitment - both to myself and to the people who trust me. I, in turn, must then have an intense loyalty and trust in God to make it all work.
"

Of course, I can't claim to have accomplish anything like she has, but I couldn't be more intense.

All I can say is, I like this woman.

She has a layout with her blog. Maybe I'll come up with one soon.

It is now 5:17. There is now a layout. I worked it in. Have to go now. Not ready and have to pick up the neighbors in 13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment