Thursday, August 4, 2016

Rubik's Competition



I really have a hard time keeping up with all the activities of our family. Here it is one week into August and I'm publishing one of Aussie's competitions in June. Since then he has been to the National Rubik's Cube competition in Portland, Oregon.

This contest was in Athens, Georgia the weekend of June 4-5. You can read of his successes here.

He, his brother and sister started 9th grade on Friday. From what I understand it was a little rocky. It is a big change from their previous years of home schooling to be sure. It is not easy to transfer from that to regular school; but I imagine it would be even more troubling at this age. But they are real troopers and we are praying that they will adjust just fine in a few days.

I'm also praying that they can hold onto the standards they have been taught at home, which could be much different from the way many kids are raised today.

We went to a concert tonight by a local band called La Flavour tonight on the Hudson Clocktower Green.

We all enjoyed it so much that I jokingly suggested we become groupies and follow them around. It shouldn't be too difficult because they are a local band. It would be worth it because it would momentarily keep our minds off the realities of this age.

I really liked the last song they played to night... God Bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment