Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Portage Lakes Dam



I could write a lot about this project that will affect our lives through the summer boating season and beyond; but the main purpose of my blog is in being a creative outlet...not a history. I prefer to spend my time at present creating layouts, not writing; although I do enjoy writing and would like to write at least one book as well.  There just isn't enough time in the day.  

If perchance you would like to know more about the fascinating subject of the Portage Lakes Dam Project, you can google it to get the history behind it, the purpose, the work being done and what could happen in its absence.  

There are also some good stories associated with it like, while digging under the lake, they accidentally cut a large copper cable that belonged to the phone company and phones were out for quite a while until they could take care of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment