Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gardening

Well here I am taking a short break from the garden...flower garden that is. I wore sun block 50, but am feeling burned just the same.

It's been a busy day weeding, spraying, etc. Spent at least an hour buying annuals. Going to stick with the common everyday blooms this year, petunias, geraniums, daisies, etc. All will be in pots on the patio and in the courtyard. Trying to grow just perennials elsewhere. I did buy another Climatis for the fence row.

For you who live in different parts of the country and have had flowers blooming since February or all year long, it is recommended that annuals be planted after Memorial Day here. Before then, they will likely to be killed by frost. Many do plant earlier, but have to cover them before a frost.

I'll try to do a layout or two once I plant them and celebrate the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment