Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Stored

Today I undecorated and put Christmas away. I had spent hours getting the candle wax out of the tablecloths. This morning I folded them and set them on the piano stool to be put away.

However, Chipper was thinking differently from me. Her idea was to make herself a new bed. She had claimed a lovely red chair between the door and a register for her winter resting place. Why did she want to change? Evidently she didn't like that her 'dad' had sprayed something on HER chair.

Am sorry to say, that she did not get her way....and her new 'bed' was returned to the laundry. But meantime I was able to untrim the tree, box it and all the decorations. Before dinner, Ron and I took them downstairs for storage.

Yes we've stored away Christmas, but Christ is still with us and will be to the end. Praise God for his gift of the Holy Spirit that lives in us day by day helping us when we are weak and comforting us throughout our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment