Saturday, July 20, 2013

Black and White


Our group of friends has been dwindling as one by one they have moved to Texas...two for jobs and one because both their children live there. I'm telling you that because so many people will say, when told, of their moves...Why would they want to move to Texas?  You have to understand that is the way we Yankees think. Why trade in tall lush trees for scrubby ones? Why trade seasons for HEAT? Why trade green for brown?  Why trade lakes for dry river beds?

Anyway, now that they are gone so far away, we are pining for them. We still keep in touch the best we can because we share our sisterhood of brilliance.  We know we could save the world if people would just listen to us. Among us, we have ALL the answers. Just ask us. 

This month, 4 of us had birthdays.  Those of us still left in the north gathered at Robin's for a  ride together to Maggiano's in Beachwood for the big celebration.

This picture was taken at Robin's front door. Alli was there and volunteered to take the picture. 

I didn't get the memo...that is what we always say if one of us is a little off the mark in her dress. We all think somewhat alike and there  I was in black pants, while EVERYONE else wore white. The funny thing was, I had gotten out my white capris and found a yellow spot...could that have been a puppy spot?  hmmmm. 

I thought I could photoshop those pants to white, but that just isn't going to happen. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. I really thought it would be a snap. Maybe I should just change all of theirs to black instead.  But then July calls for white... especially in the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment