Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sailboat



Recently I signed up for a class in blending. Now this isn't just any class, it is costly;  so I'm hoping to get a LOT out of it.  The sad thing is, I'm still working on the elementary introductory material. I've not had enough time and I'm soooo anxious to dive into it... and I don't mean the lake.

Here is a picture I took last week when I spotted a sailboat. We don't see many of them over this far.  They are generally on Turkeyfoot Lake.  Since I'm working on my beginning blending skills, I used the photo for practice. The sad thing is, I can't remember which blending mode I used in my Photoshop Elements. The second layer is a little strange, but overall I'm very happy with the look...at least pleased enough that I'm posting it here for you to see. Double click on it to enlarge it. You'll see what I mean about the artistic blend.

Back to the lake...While we have friends in Texas who are in a drought, we have been extremely blessed with rain this year. I am happy though, because earlier in the spring I was concerned about the lack of rainfall. It was very dry. We had to use our lawn sprinklers in what usually is the wettest part of the year.

I can't say that God loves us better than Texans...

Matthew 5:44-45

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

No comments:

Post a Comment