Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hiking with the 'Girls'

April 3 I posted a layout of Maggie and me titled, Take a Hike. The pictures were taken on March 16 of this year. I finally finished the two layouts that go with the first one.  At that rate, one would figure that I will never be able to finish another book...but I'm well on the way now.  86 of the 100 layouts needed have been completed. So, it shouldn't be long now.




I certainly do not expect victory when I'm trying to get my dog to do something she does not want to do.  Actually, most of the time I win, but not always. 

I do not mean to make a practice of this, but I really like this short piece on Victory by James Chilton.
I wish everyone could read it.

Victory Knows Three Words

By James Chilton on Apr 13, 2015 12:00 am
share on Twitter Like Victory Knows Three Words on Facebook
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, 
because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is 
in the world” (I John 4:4, NIV).
Jesus won!  And He lives in us!  I Corinthians 15:47-58 clearly says 
we have been given the victory in Christ.
Victory knows three words:
Challenge.  We will be hit by the enemy.  The evil one challenges 
us because he wants us to forget that we have authority in Christ.  
In Christ we accept this challenge because we know the outcome.
Choice.  We will have to make a choice when challenged.  The 
devil will always try to convince us that we don’t have options.  A 
believer must make the choice of a victor.
Change.  When we make the choice of a victor, we will experience 
change.  We feel more confident because we are allowing Christ to 
be in control.
Embracing these three concepts will remind us that Someone is living 
inside us right now, and He’s greater than anything the evil one can 
throw in our path.

Thanks, Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment