Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Julia's Big Day



When Julia was 1 month old, she accompanied the family to the Denver Zoo where they fed the Lorikeets...such colorful birds. It's good to see them out and about. It's wonderful to see Julia so comfortable.

I had written quite a bit more, but Blogger decided to obliterate it...well, at any rate, I lost it somehow. It is only 10:30 PM. but I have let myself get broken down with this bum knee, so I'm going to bed early.

I'm posting the newsletter I received from Max Lucado this morning. We tend to call on God when we are in big trouble, but otherwise try to run our lives on our own. You might like this:

Keep in Step with the Spirit


I believe we can make the same mistake the Welsh 
woman made. She lived many years ago in a remote 
valley, and felt it worth the cost and trouble to have 
electricity installed in her home. Several weeks after 
the installation, the power company noticed she had 
barely used any electricity. A meter reader went to see 
her. “Is there a problem?” he asked. “Oh no,” she 
responded. “We’re quite satisfied. Every night we turn 
on the electric lights to see how to light our lamps.”
We’re prone to do likewise: depend on God’s Spirit to 
save us but not sustain us. We turn to him to get us 
started and then continue in our own strength. Scripture 
urges us to “keep in step with the Spirit” (Galatians 5:25). 
He directs and leads; we obey and follow. Plug into his 
power and leave the switch turned on.

1 comment: