Saturday, September 23, 2017

Serenity



This scene is a perfect example of serenity. Sweet children sitting calmly, quietly watching the ducks on the still waters of the lake at City Park in Ft Collins, CO.  It isn't often one sees the three like this. Activity generally rules at this stage of life.

They are in a learning stage, not that we should ever quit learning, but it is especially true with young children.

As I read Romans 5:3-4 this morning, it struck me differently than it has in the past. This is what it says:  "Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character, hope.

I have gone through the process of suffering, persevering, building character and now I am hopeful. I'm hopeful for a home in heaven when I've passed through this world. It is a good place to be, even though, there will be more suffering and more perseverance to come, hopefully making me even stronger, and making me even more ready to go on to my next home.

Hoping that all of us can learn to appreciate God's plan for building our character and making us strong individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment