Thursday, September 22, 2011

1914 Model T Ford


The very first car I can remember riding in was a Model T Ford. It belonged to a neighbor and they  piled about 8 of us kids in for a short drive.

I've never thought much about Fords.  I grew up in a General Motors family. The only Ford I've ever driven was one Ron and I bought for his business.  It was a van.  The very first weekend we owned it, we took it on a business trip to Atlanta and  the air conditioner broke the first day out.  I really disliked that Ford. We didn't want more than two cars at the time so I was the one who had to drive it. It was difficult for me, a short woman, to climb up into it.

But history behind us, we now have a new respect for Ford.  They did not accept tax payer money from our spendthrift government, but went about making improvements and selling cars while GM  (Government Motors) collected extremely high sums of OUR money to build cars no one wanted.

I also have a lot more respect for Henry Ford after visiting his museum in Michigan this week. He was a very wise man.  I'm listing here a few quotes that I find thought provoking:

1. "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."


2."Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!"


3. "I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about."


4.“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”

5. “Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” 


God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment