Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Big Tent



Caleb has very special parents. They built this  lighted tent for him. It is pretty clever and he LIKES it. 

I remember when my kids were little, their tents, or forts as they called them, were blankets bridging two pieces of furniture.  We've come a long way baby.


While progressing so much in many ways, we've also regressed or digressed into a strange desire to give up freedom for...for what I don't know...oh, it is a world view as one of Obama's fellow students from Hawaii has said.  They don't realize that the world has been blessed by all that has been done in America and shared with them.  But it doesn't help to explain that. Their  eyes and ears have been blinded to facts.  

I remember my teachers, especially my 7th grade and high school teachers teaching us to think for ourselves.  That does not happen in most schools these days.  They are taught to group think, they just follow along with the crowd.

One example of resulting behavior of this type of brainlessness is the fact that when Al Gore's ' Current TV' cable channel was failing so miserably and up for sale, Glenn Beck and his group at the Blaze approached the station to buy it.  They were told that "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view." I think we can all understand that.  No problem, right.  However, this is the zinger...they have now sold that network to...drum roll... Al Jazeera TV. Does this mean Al Jazeera is aligned with Al Gore?  I would have guessed that by the way, but I would have never expected them to admit it in public.

These are scary times.




No comments:

Post a Comment