Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Joyful Treasure



Joyful...that is us. We've been so full of joy with all the Christmas season offers that we hadn't been able to get together for our celebration, gift exchange, dinner and special desert.  But we were determined to do it.  So on January the 3, we all met at Jane's for dinner  with the main dish being her famous chicken pot pie, which is not really pot pie at all, but chicken and gravy with biscuits on top. Whatever one wants to call it, it is marvelous. We no longer wonder why her family wants it year after year.  Then we progressed to Phyllis's house where we had desert or deserts for some of us.  Sali's gift for making sweet  dishes is something we all covet.  She made a chocolate cream pie.  Robin made Butter cake which was quite a hit as well.

I'm not sure if the season has been good to me or not...you see, I have eaten lots of delightful dishes and desserts starting at Thanksgiving, but now I'm carrying 6 more pounds.  So, starting this next week, I hope to take them and more off my short frame.

 I don't have much. I don't need much.  But I am richly blessed to have these friends. This group is my treasure.  This is the kind of treasure a person needs. Read Matthew 6:19-21:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

My friends are here on earth, but when the time comes for us to go, we will all be going to the same place...a much better place in heaven where our Father has prepared us rooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment