Friday, January 31, 2014

The Thinks



As an only child, I was blessed to have a mom and dad who were funny. We were just silly. For example, on a trip we would read signs and make comments.  At a gas station would be a sign: CLEAN RESTROOMS... we would comment. We don't want to clean their restrooms. Let them clean them themselves.  Or a sign by the road would  say STOP AHEAD. We would say, Which one of us is going to stop our head? It says only one can stop.   Other people would have thought we were nuts, but we enjoyed it.

My kids and I joked a lot as well.

Now the triplets have a great sense of humor...that's right...they share it.  We are always getting a kick out of something one of them says.  Now with Facebook, their parents are able to share and therefore keep a record of all the quips. Not  one of them  lacks the gift!

Thought I'd share a layout tonight with one of the things Mason has said in the last couple of months.
Ashley said to Mason (who was hanging outside the bars at MacDonald's) "There are signs everywhere that say do not climb outside equipment." And Mason replied, " I don't speaky sign language." Yes, I know it is silly. But I thought it pretty clever, even though he was breaking a rule...which is not something I would do or encourage.

It reminds me of something Rush Limbaugh says frequently: Words mean things.  Words can mean a variety of things...on their own and even more with expressions and inflection considered.

As  a matter of fact, some of our most powerful politicians can make words mean the opposite of what they actually mean. Don't ask me how this is  done with a straight face, but it is. It is like the Double Think of 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment