Sunday, January 12, 2014

Through the Colorful Seasons



Now that it is winter, I'm looking back at the year with pictures of our little barn through the seasons. I like the one taken in spring because it shows the house that we demolished in summer; thus the large equipment parked in the background in summer. The fall photo shows my favorite time of year and the wonderful colors of northeast Ohio. It also has the deer I painted this summer after 8 years of intentions. Winter is now and snow has been plentiful. Today, however, we have close to none after a big thaw and lots of rain. It shouldn't be long until it snows again the white of winter.

At present I'm in the winter season of my life. Not sure what all that will bring, but I am noticing differences now and then. I am hoping however, that my winter season will be white as snow...
Isaiah 1:18“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

I know that whether or not I live a spotless old age, our Father in heaven has already promised to clean me and present me to his father in heaven.

Won't you welcome that same promise? Put on Christ in baptism and know the peace and joy of salvation.

Acts 2:38

New International Version (NIV)
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment